I sent the last round of requested paperwork over to BOA last night. The lady said they were late but she’d just asked for them on Friday night. I think it was her way of saying it’s not gonna matter. BOA sent us a 60-90 day notice on the 1st of this month saying we had to vacate before HUD takes ownership of we had 10 days from the date of the letter to get paperwork to HUD so they could determine a fair market value rent for us to pay. Staying would only be temporary.
I can’t sleep. I’m pleading for help in my dreams even. I wake up thinking I’m sorting and stacking and trying to decide what I need, and what I can live without.
We are holding together as a couple which is a relief. G is vaguely aware of what’s happening. I’m trying not to talk about this with anyone because I know it makes people uncomfortable – hell, it makes me uncomfortable. I’ve always been the go to person in our lives and this is so hard for me to handle in silence. Steve barely talks about it and I don’t push it. Depression is barely on the fringes and it EATS US ALIVE if we let it in.
How am I supossed to handle this? I am slap broke and need storage – V said get boxes off Craig’s list…I have no money for gas to go get free boxes. I remember how many times we packed up the stationwagon when I was a kid and loaded in however many kids we had and drove to a new city and lived at the road side rest. NO, it wasn’t good practice. I had a shitty childhood.
I don’t know what to do.
Funny how we always begin with memories. Pictures. Genealogy papers. Family bible. Papers.
I guess I’ll try to document how it goes.